Denim on Denim

May 15, 2017

light denim jacket, silver satin cami, straight leg jeans, mule flats

Denim on denim, aka the Canadian tuxedo 😉  has been trending for a few seasons and although this trend can be rather intimidating, I’m  elevating this look by styling the denim with luxe looking pieces.  I started with the perfect lightweight straight leg jeans.  I love these jeans in particular for warmer weather because they are super lightweight and the straight leg is more comfortable to wear in the heat than a skinny style.  I wanted to have contrasting denim washes for this double denim look so I chose a light wash oversized jacket for the perfect cool girl vibe.  To elevate this outfit I paired the denim with satin – satin is also trending this spring and I find this luxe fabric strikes an amazing contrast when teamed with denim.  I love this look for an ultra cool and chic everyday style.  I found this entire look at Nordstrom.com and picked up all the pieces at my local Nordstrom.  I love that I can order online and pick up in store within an hour – I’m all about instant gratification. lol!  Have a great one!

light denim jacket, silver satin cami light denim jacket, silver satin cami, straight leg jeans light denim jacket, silver satin cami, straight leg jeans, mule flatslight denim jacket, silver satin cami, straight leg jeans light denim jacket, silver satin cami, straight leg jeans
light denim jacket, silver satin cami, straight leg jeans, mule flatsSpecial thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.

Jacket: Free People (runs large – take your usual size or size down – I’m wearing an xs)
Shirt: Leith (under $50!)
Jeans: Frame
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik (runs small, recommend sizing up)
Bag: Chloe
Necklaces: Kate Spade (Love the way two look layered together)

8 Comments

• Reply thenomisniche May 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM

I love how you paired this satin camisole with the oversized denim jacket. Great look (as usual!)

Love, Lindsey

• Reply La Bijoux Bella| by mia May 15, 2017 at 10:29 PM

Simply casual beautiful look! 🙂

🌸LA BIJOUX BELLA 🌸| By Mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Ewa Macherowska May 16, 2017 at 12:31 AM

Love this look!

• Reply Mel May 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Long time reader, first time commenter here! I love how your photographs come out and you are one of my favorite bloggers. Loving this blue on black denim look!!!

• Reply Christine Kong May 16, 2017 at 12:08 PM

I am such a fan of denim on denim and I like that you picked two different washes of denim for this look. The oversized jacket is such a gorgeous light blue and really brings out the silver in the cami. I don’t think I have ever seen you in flats (sneakers yes, but not flats), and you pull them off as effortlessly as you do your fabulous heels. This is a great look to run errands in or run after the kids in and be comfy yet chic. xoxo, Christine

• Reply Paulynagore May 19, 2017 at 4:25 PM

I just love everything, you’re an everyday inspiration 🙂 http://paulynagore.blogspot.fr/

• Reply It Girl Ailén (@ItGirlAilen) May 20, 2017 at 3:13 AM

The look is very amazing!

XO,

IT GIRL AILÉN

• Reply Christina May 27, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Love this look so much. Do you mind sharing what size you’re wearing in the satin top and whether it runs true to size?