Behind the Scenes Fall17: Marissa Webb x FashionedChic

February 15, 2017

black leather pants, white blouse, black pumps

Today I am taking you behind the scenes of the creation of Marissa Webb’s fall17 lookbook.  If you have been following me for a while then you will know that I am a huge fan of Marissa Webb, both the brand and the lady herself.  Not only is she an incredible designer, she is an incredible human being in every respect.  I was beyond honored when she asked me to join her team to help bring the Fall17 collection to life.   Instead of doing a runway show this season she wanted to create a crazy cool lookbook and that is exactly what she did.

black leather pants with tied waist
black leather pants with laced up sidesblack leather pants with laced up sides
Shirt: Iro  Pants: Marissa Webb  Shoes: Gianvito Rossi

army green jacket with ruffles

When I first arrived at her studio to begin helping style the lookbook, one of the first pieces that struct me was this amazing green jacket with a structured ruffled hem.  Another of her signature canvas jackets received an of-the-moment update for fall with the addition of shearling.

camel cable knit sweater and army green jacket with shearlingarmy green jacket with ruffles

The fall17 collection strikes the perfect balance of masculine and feminine.

fashion photo collagefashion styling with marissa webb

Marissa wanted the styling for the lookbook to have the element of undone.  Nothing perfectly in place and nothing too pretty.  Something that felt organic and raw.  She has a clear vision of what she wants and knows how to execute it flawlessly.

oversized army green jacketfashion styling

True to Marissa Webb’s perfectly imperfect style, the model rocked a structured, but lived-in hair style.

marissa webb styling

The shoot itself, was nothing short of magical.  At one point, Echo and the Bunnymen’s song “Lips like Sugar” was playing loudly and in my mind, the universe seemed to align –  the model looked incredible, the photographer was smiling and Marissa was sitting so effortlessly cool on her pouf studying the monitor.   At that moment it struck me that I was part of something amazing!

fashion photoshoot behind the scenes
Thanks to Lucy of Lucy’s Whims for capturing all of the above images.

As part of this amazing opportunity I had the pleasure of working with a team of awesome videographers to document the process.  Hope you enjoy getting a glimpse of my time in New York!

When I first saw this stunning dress it was mid-calf length.  I saw first hand how Marissa tweaked the design and within hours it became this gorgeous creation.  Her creativity and ability to bring her vision to reality inspires me.

ruffled mustard maxi dress

Below are a few more of my favorite looks from the shoot as featured on Vogue.com

marissa webb styling

satin army green jacket with faux fur, leather pants satin army green blouse, leather pants, black heelsarmy green pants, army green jacket, ruffled top

My Looks from New York:

Camel Sweater  (I’m wearing size medium for an oversized fit)
Leather Pants
Peplum Leather Jacket

Special thanks to Marissa Webb and her incredible team.  This was the most amazing opportunity and one that I will never forget!  Thank you for letting me be a part of it!

Thanks for visiting!  xx Erica

19 Comments

• Reply La Bijoux Bella | by mia February 15, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Looking gorgeous … relaxed and beautiful … what a great and fun fashion campaign. Love the Designer’s brand. Simply beautiful! :)

❤LA BIJOUX BELLA❤ | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Reply thenomisniche February 15, 2017 at 8:28 PM

I’m in love with this lookbook – and the video is amazing! The lace up detail on these pants has me drooling. Gorgeous!

Love, Lindsey

• Reply Margarita Maslova February 15, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Love the video! Great looks!

RitalifeStyle.com | Insta: @m_margaritka

• Reply fabi Aguilar February 16, 2017 at 1:25 AM

Wowww!!!! Love it :)

• Reply ilijacfashion February 16, 2017 at 5:00 AM

Fantastic post, I very like it :)

new post

• Reply Claudine Hoven February 16, 2017 at 5:31 AM

Thank you for the insights, this is amazing! And I love the military jacket and the leather pants.
    So gorgeous!
    xo
    Claudine / http://www.claudinesroom.com

• Reply Areli (@arelisapril) February 16, 2017 at 5:38 AM

Love seeing behind the scenes events and this is so awesome and congrats on such an amazing opportunity! Definitely love the green ruffled army jacket.
    xx,
    Areli’s April
    Areli’s April on Bloglovin

• Reply Kristy February 16, 2017 at 6:38 AM

OMG!!!! I’m dying right now. Love your style and so love Marissa Webb. The video is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.
    xx – Kristy

• Reply Ewa Macherowska February 16, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Love it!

• Reply theEditorsNotebook February 17, 2017 at 8:25 AM

OMG kind of in love with every look, so efforless and cool
    City Style and Living: The Editors Notebook | Instagram

• Reply Sharon Lawson February 17, 2017 at 8:44 AM

I love all your pictures and sense of style. I have a question…. How do you make your skin look so tan and flawless in your pictures? What app/apps do you use? Thank you in advance. :)

• Reply FashionedChic February 17, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Hi! I use Photoshop “camera raw filter” to deepen the orange and red of the skin and then desaturate it. Hope that helps! xx Erica

• Reply petiteflower February 17, 2017 at 6:24 PM

Amazing is the word, such a cool experience! Love the pants and that jacket with shearling trimming is super cool!

• Reply Jo @ CutandChicVintage February 19, 2017 at 7:53 PM

What an extraordinary collection! I love every single piece and I need those leather trousers you’re wearing!!

xx, Jo

• Reply lsdiaz03 February 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM

love love!! just learned about your blog from A Drink With James – so glad I watched this episode! :) :)

xoxo
    Lourdes

• Reply FashionedChic February 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM

How awesome! Welcome! Hope you enjoy! xx Erica

• Reply Karina February 25, 2017 at 9:47 PM

Wow Erica!! Major congrats on this opportunity and thank you for giving us the insights on this experience. I can only imagine how incredible this must have been!! This was and is still a dream of mine that maybe one day will become reality. How do you balance/manage such a busy fashion schedule and family life? Much love fo ya!! xoxo!!

• Reply Sophie February 26, 2017 at 2:33 AM

I love Marissa’s designs so much! Lovely post :)
    I’d love it if you stopped by, I post every Monday!

• Reply Street style city March 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM