The Awesome Factor – Silk Bomber

June 10, 2015

090A6423

Today I’m just keeping my look really simple – just a jeans and tee look with a little added interest.  This outfit is a good example of one of my everyday casual looks – with the exception of the sky high heels. (I just couldn’t resist adding them in for the pure awesomeness of it.)   This casual look is focused around wardrobe essentials, or basics.  When I look for the basics I always focus on two things: fit and the sheer awesomeness of the piece.  Everything has to fit well to look good.  Even if the piece has a high awesomeness factor (maybe that’s not a technical term, but you get the idea) if it doesn’t fit well, it won’t look good.  End of story.  The awesomeness factor really is a matter of personal taste.  It is what is most visually appealing to you; it’s what excites you!  It’s a piece that you feel, well, just awesome in it.  It makes you more confident and feel like your authentic self.  Invest in those kind of wardrobe essentials and getting dressed will become much easier and way more fun!

090A6339 copy090A6620090A6327090A6359090A6422 copy090A6441090A6412-001

Jacket: Haider Ackermann
Tank top: Splendid
Jeans: Dsquared2
Shoes: Saint Laurent or similar
Bag: Chloe
Sunnies: Triwa
Necklace: Lacey Ryan
Rings: Geoffrey Scott

Thanks for visitng!  xx Erica

6 Comments

• Reply Carrie June 10, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Beautiful as always! I would say that several of your pieces have the “awesomeness” factor, elevating the whole look way beyond typical everyday casual.

Carrie

• Reply Samivida June 10, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Hi!! My first comment here … But I follow you on IG since …. thanks to Naima. I really love your Style, your basics, essentials, your shoes …
    I agree with you! And when you say “Everything has to fit well to look good”, I think I need to “clean” my wardrobe a.s.a.p.
    Thanks
    Josune

• Reply Kate June 10, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Love the look! These Dsquared2 jeans are great on you! The best part is that they would look the same 5 years from now 🙂 I desperately want to buy something from Haider Ackermann, but all things I like cost over 3000. Have to work better 🙂

• Reply Holly June 12, 2015 at 8:13 PM

I agree with Carrie that there is more than one awesome piece in this outfit, each stands out and together they are a totally awesome outfit. This jacket is very unique and understated at the same time, awesome!

• Reply Raysa Garcia June 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM